CREATIVE WAYS TO BOOST YOUR METABOLISM
Causes for slow metabolism
- Low calorie diet
- Consuming too much sugar
- Lack of exercise
- Underactive thyroid
- Eat 5-6 small meals throughout the day
- Do not skip meals
- Exercise daily
- Limit alcohol, which suppresses the Central Nervous System
- Drink water – 8-10 glasses per day
- Eat highly nutritious foods
- Build muscle. One pound of fat burns two calories per day, but 1 pound of muscle burns 50 calories per day. The more muscle you build, the faster your metabolism will run increasing the total number of calories you burn while at rest.
- Eat breakfast
- Vary workouts- using different muscles cause greater metabolic burn lasting up to 24 hours after workout.
- Drink green tea
- Eat healthy fats- fish, olives, avocado, nuts, seeds, flax, flax oil, fish oil, olive oil
- Eat protein at each meal
- Eat spicy foods, especially in the morning. They help speed metabolism for the rest of the day.
- Let the stress go – stress slows metabolism
- Exercise in the morning
Foods that increase metabolism – think spicy!
- Green tea
- Cayenne pepper
- Potassium rich foods- bananas, dried apricots, baked potatoes, honeydew melon
- Magnesium rich foods- tofu, whole wheat bread
- Protein at each meal
- Vitamin C (fights oxidative stress that slows fat burn)
Sign up for my newsletter to receive free sneak previews of each chapter of Beauty Beyond the Thorns: Discovering Gifts in Suffering. Sign up here. I hope you enjoy!
If you’d like to schedule a virtual consultation, please visit my services page.